In 1966 it launched the legendary Lamborghini Miura, designed by Bertone and Luigi also equipped with a powerful V12 engine. Also this model has been a tremendous sales success, being produced until 1973.
However, in 1968 had been presented the Lamborghini Islero, to replace the 400 GT, which had emerged as the development of the 350GT. Also in 1968 appeared the Lamborghini Espada, the first car brand with a capacity of four people. Two years later was replaced by Islero Lamborghini Jarama.
In 1972 the Lamborghini Urraco allowed the Italian brand into the super-segment of small cars.
Later that year, Lamborghini sold 51 percent of its shares to a Swiss businessman, with the remaining 49 percent is to be delivered to another Swiss in 1974.
In between, in 1973 the Miura was replaced by another model that also made history in the world of sports car characteristics, the Lamborghini Countach. This car had a very angular, aerodynamic design and was equipped with a powerful rear engine of 4000 cc and 12 cylinders in V The car was produced with these characteristics until 1988, when the engine started to have an engine capacity of 5000cc.
However, the company was in financial difficulties for a long and in 1981 was sold to brothers Mimram, which revitalized the brand.
Accordingly, in the year 1981 came the Lamborghini Jalpa, which was based on Urraco, and in 1982 the Lamborghini LM002, new to the brand, since it was a vehicle ALLROAD. This jeep was equipped with an engine Countach.
In 1987, the U.S. brand Chrysler bought Lamborghini and, in addition to replacement of the Countach, began to prepare an engine to power F1 cars. The debut of this car race was in 1989, but never succeeded.
Since the replacement of the Countach, the Diablo was presented in 1990 with great success, remaining in production beyond the year 2000.